Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Open Access Week 2013: Journals

AWOL's List of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies currently holds links to 2242 titles. It has crashed and burned a couple of times in the last year or two, so I have learned my lesson and keep a backup in a safe place so I can restore it quickly. I know that there are some titles that I indexed individually in AWOL, but which dropped out of the big list on one or another of these occasions, but I'm working to find and include them.

There are a great many sites indexing online journals out there, and there are about a dozen of them that I scan fairly regularly for new content on antiquity. The two I use most often are the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), and the Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek of the Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg.

Two questions for readers of AWOL:
  1. What are your favored resources for discovery of open access content related to antiquity?
  2. What journals do you consider to be models of responsible and high quality open access publishing on antiquity?

No comments:

Post a Comment